Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Entangled


Są wątki splątane głęboko. Kiedy próbujesz rozplątać,
czujesz, iż musiałbyś wyrwać z nimi siebie.
Więc tylko popatrz, zrozumiej - zbyt uporczywiej nie wglądaj,
by nie wchłonęła cię przepaść
(nie jest to przepaść bytu, ale tylko przepaść myślenia).

Byt nie wchłania, on rośnie, powoli zamienia się w szept:
to myśl nabrzmiała istnieniem - to ty, to wszechświat, to Bóg.
W przeciwnym kierunku - czujesz- jak wszystko czepia się nóg
i byt się sprowadza do punktu, a myśl wysycha jak step.

Więc pracuj po prostu i ufaj. A w siebie wchodź na tyle,
by wiedzieć o swej pysze (to już pokora).
I raczej pilnuj woli. Uczuć gwałtownych wylew
czasami tylko się zdarza i nie ogarnia Boga.


The wefts are deeply entangled. Try to untwist them,
and you will unravel yourself.
Simply look, understand, do not stare too hard
lest the abyss engfuls you
(the abyss not of being, but of thought).

Being does not engulf, it grows into a whisper:
this is thought swollen with existence,
this is you, cosmos, God.
Otherwise everything tangles your legs,
existence shrinks to a speck,
thought in the steppes of drought.

Work, simply work, and trust. Into yourself
enter only to learn about pride, your own pride
(thus humility begins).
And take care of your will.
The flood of feeling is rare,
and its violence never comprehends God.


K. Wojtyła Rysopis człowieka/ Decription of Man

2 comments:

mdem said...

STORY BEHIND THIS PICTURE:

It was last September, Ukraninan mountains.
I was walking fast. Our group was somewhere far behind me. I knew I should wait for them. I laid on the grass breathing deeply. The nature surrounded me.

Abraham Siloé R. said...

Bella fotografía....