Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Had it not been for You


Ktoś kogo kiedyś znałem, napisał,
że porzucamy nasze marzenia,
bojąc się, że ich nie zrealizujemy,
albo, co gorsza, że je zrealizujemy.

Choć od początku wiedziałem,
że ty spełnisz swe marzenia,
nie przypuszczałem, że i ja
raz jeszcze spełnię swoje.

Pory roku zmieniają się, przyjacielu.
Choć musiałem czekać do jesieni życia
na to, co się stało w zeszłym roku,
bez wątpienia uznałbym to za zbyt długo,
gdyby nie chodziło o ciebie.


Someone I once knew wrote
that we walk away from our dreams
afraid that we may fail,
or worse yet,afraid that we may succeed.

While I knew so very early on
that you would realise your dreams
I never imagined
I would once again realise my own.

Seasons change, young man.
While I waited until the winter of my life
to see what I've seen this past year,
there is no doubt I would have waited too long,
had it not been for you.


Gus Van Sant, Finding Forrester

1 comment:

mdem said...

STORY BEHIND THIS PICTURE:

I took this photo yesterday, during "Children's Day" which we organized in the kindergarten.
In the picture you can see my mate and one of the children from the youngest group. His task was to collect all hidden paper carrots. It's not so easy for 3-years old boy, is it?